#step 1 - Develop a strategy and an action plan Just like any undertaking, developing a YouTube channel requires a lot of thought and devisement of...
How to secure your YouTube account?
The security of your channel is just as important as the security of your email or social media account. In fact, 4 simple steps are enough for your account to be safe and for you to sleep peacefully.1. Turn on 2-Step Verification to protect your account from hackers, even if they manage to get your login details. You can enable the feature by going to myaccount.google.com/security
Starting November 1, 2021, access to YouTube Studio and Content Owner in Studio is only possible if 2-Step Verification is turned on for your account. For guidance on setting up 2-Step Verification and other forms of verification, visit the Help Center.
2. Permissions for selected users - check who has access to your account regularly, manage permissions.
3. Strong password - set a strong password:
- has more than 8 characters,
- create any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols,
- avoid proper nouns, given names, common words and expressions or patterns such as "password123". The password should be unique.
- Avoid strings of numbers or your birthday.
- Remember to keep them only for yourself, do not share your login details with anyone.